A Word About Ethics
Part of the C.A.R. Mentoring Program - Agent Track
Who Should Take This Course
Real estate salespersons and brokers who want to get a better understanding of the REALTOR Code of Ethics.
When a real estate licensee joins a local Board or Association of REALTORS, he or she agrees to conform his or her conduct to the Code of Ethics. Because of the constantly evolving nature of the real estate industry, the Code of Ethics is updated yearly.
*Note While this course covers important sections of the Code of Ethics, it does not cover the entire Code of Ethics. The current version which can be found at NAR Code Of Ethics
At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and define the Preamble
- Identify and define Articles 1 thru 9 set forth a REALTORS Duties to Clients & Customers
- Identify and define Articles 10 thru 14 set forth a REALTORS Duties to the Public and
- Identify and define Articles 15 thru 17 set forth a REALTORS Duties to REALTORS
- Identify and define Standards of Practice (SOP), which follow and support each Article; and
- Identify and define Case Interpretations , which demonstrate the application of the Articles to particular fact situations
Downloadable PDF version of the course