NAR’s Military Relocation Specialist Certification
(Course Materials in Printed Format)
Printed course materials will be provided to you by the Association on the day of the course
Learn how to provide the real estate services - at any stage in the service member’s military career - that meet the needs of this niche market and win future referrals. Hone in your knowledge and skills for working with active duty military buyers and sellers, as well as veterans with the NAR's Military Relocation Professional Certification.
- Learn the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact service members’ relocation and housing choices.
- Use demographics of the military market to formulate business strategies and determine service offerings for sellers and buyers.
- Provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process.
- Enhance your sensitivity to the emotional issues involved when a military family relocates.
- Identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes.
- Apply knowledge of the military relocation process to guide service members through the real estate transaction.
- Explain the basics of VA financing. Recognize situations in which a buyer is eligible for VA financing.
There is a 15 page Pre-Class Reading Assignment “The Military Organization” that you will receive prior to taking the course covering:
- The All-Volunteer Military
- The Army Family Covenant
- The Military Organization
- Military Acronyms
- Where are U.S. military service members and their dependents stationed?
- Ranks and Pay Grades
- Types of Discharges
- U.S. Military Core Values
- Does Military Culture Affect Transactions?
Earning NAR's MRP certification provides a number of important benefits, in addition to the knowledge you receive from taking the Military Relocation Professional Core Course.
- Education in classroom and online formats that teach you how to work with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs
- Use of the MRP logo and marketing materials to promote your certification
- Free Webinars that you can download anytime and anywhere
- Downloadable MRP certificate
- Differentiation as an MRP at REALTOR.org and REALTOR.com®
- Access to an exclusive online network to locate other Military Relocation Professionals for referrals and to share ideas
- Monthly email updates
- MRP lapel pin available for purchase through the REALTOR® Team Store
To Earn the Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification you must:
- Be a member in good standing of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Complete the Military Relocation Professional Certification Core Course and pass the exam.
- Complete two online webinars.
- Submit an application and a one-time fee of $195 which is discounted to $149 through December 31, 2013.
Visit www.militaryrelocationpro.org to learn more.
MRP is the only military-oriented certification or designation program conferred by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Transfer, cancellation and refund policy:
You may transfer to a future session or cancel without penalty at any time up to seven (7) days prior to your course. If you provide C.A.R. Education with less than a seven (7) day notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire course fee. Cancellations, transfers, and refunds must be received in writing by email to Cecilia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued in the same form of payment that was made. Please allow two weeks for processing. Registrants who cancel will not receive course materials or may be subject to a cancellation fee for downloadable PDF materials.
We understand that this is an important investment for you but your attendance is important for the attendance of each course. Please call 213-739-8227 for additional information.