Residential Property Management For the Real Estate Licensee
This course is Department of Real Estate (DRE) accredited for 4 hours of Continuing Education (CE) in Consumer Protection. DRE Sponsor No. 0001
C.A.R. Education's Property Management course will help you understand the responsibilities, functions, and skills involved in property management. This course will teach you how to distinguish between off-site and on-site property managers and their duties, positions, training, and expertise, as well as developed some practical application guidelines that you can apply immediately to your business. Significantly supplement your income when you decide to add residential property manager to your real estate profession.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- Identify the six P's in property management
- Describe and gather problem solving skills for tenant dispute resolution, overseeing the factors of risk management, and gaining abilities to deal with people who lack expertise with which you interact
- Identify fair housing requirements for rental property management
- Familiarize yourself with the rental practices within the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Identify Internet sources for professionals, associations and organizations
- Name different types of ownership for income-producing property
- Distinguish between off-site and on-site property managers and their duties, positions, training and expertise
- Define the trust fund accounting regulations
- Describe various rates of return owners use to determine cash flow
- Differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of various property types
- Understand legal contract elements and leasehold estates
- Learn how to begin and terminate a rental contract
- Describe the basic eviction process
- Locate and complete C.A.R. rental forms
For more information about the Residential Property Management for the Real Estate Licensee course, please visit
Can't make it to the classroom?
Take the OnDemand course powered by Kaplan. The same course is offered online 24/7, learn the practical application guidelines that you can apply immediately to your business. Learn more >
Transfer, cancellation and refund policy:
You may transfer to a future session or cancel without penalty at any time up to seven (7) days prior to your course. If you provide C.A.R. Education with less than a seven (7) day notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire course fee. Cancellations, transfers, and refunds must be received in writing by email to Cecilia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued in the same form of payment that was made. Please allow two weeks for processing. Registrants who cancel will not receive course materials or may be subject to a cancellation fee for downloadable PDF materials.
We understand that this is an important investment for you but your attendance is important for the attendance of each course. Please call 213-739-8227 for additional information.