Office Procedures & Best Practices
Part of the C.A.R. Mentoring Program - Broker Track
Who Should Take This Course
Real estate brokers looking to get a better understanding of the factors that influence the operations of a successful business.
Keeping track of the bigger picture is always important, but the day-to-day operations of your office are where you’ll spend the majority of your time in running your office.
In this course you’ll learn how to take charge of your office by setting rules, policies, guidelines for maximum performance. You’ll also learn how to develop the best practices to help guide your employees and independent contractors to be effective and productive.
1 – Policies and Procedures
2 – Best Practices
3 – Policy Against Harassment and Other Policies
- Policies and Procedures (Office Policy Manual, Department of Real Estate (DRE) Requirements, Independent Contractor Relationship, Broker Associates, At-Will, General Office Procedures)
- Best Practices (Compensation, Sales-Related, Office Meetings & Caravans, Trust Fund Management, Personal Transactions, Transaction Coordinators, Risk Management Fees, Professional Guidelines/Conduct, Professional Associations)
- Policy Against Harassment and Other Policies (Harassment Policy, Identifying Harassment, Enforcement, Confidentiality of Information, Termination, Listings)
Upon Completion Of This Course You Will Be Able To
- Develop an office policy manual to establish a standard of daily conduct that governs the interactions of all employees, agents and other personnel involved in the business
- Define and understand the different methods of compensation
- Develop policies that govern For Sale signs, office meetings, caravans, floor time and the management of trust funds
- Develop anti-harassment policies
- Develop policies that help foster and maintain a pleasant and professional work environment
Recommended: Structure & Management