The Annual Historical Data Summary includes historical data generated by C.A.R.'s Research and Economics department and other statistical information about the California housing market compiled from 1968 to 2010. Includes median home sale prices in CA back to 1968 and seasonally adjusted sales figures on monthly basis going back to 1979 for existing single family homes only does not include new homes or condos/townhomes.
Highlights of C.A.R.'s historical data series include:
- Monthly existing single-family median home price in California
- Annual California/U.S. existing single-family home sales
- Annual California/U.S. existing single-family median home price
- Annual Housing Affordability Index
- Annual First-Time Buyer Housing Affordability Index
- Unsold Inventory Index
The 2011 Annual Historical Data Summary is available to C.A.R Members as a free member benefit. Please visit www.car.org to log in to your C.A.R. member account.
Please Note: Each report contains data from the previous year. A 2010 report for example uses 2011 data.