California Human Resource Law for Brokers/Teams - ONLINE ANYTIME
The objective of this course is to inform brokers, office managers and other employers about the basics of California employment law that they might need to apply to their office or employer-employee relationships.
This is an online course that you take at your own pace. The course is available 24/7.
This course will go over the difference between employees and independent contractors along with situations that brokerages may be subject to employment laws, such as assistants and team relationship. The course then discusses the best practices, prohibited practices and other aspects of the interviewing and hiring processes.
How you will benefit from this course:
- Gain a broad understanding of the legal framework governing the employment relationship in California
- Describe rules and regulations governing employers with respect to compliance with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and similar California laws regarding minimum wage, rest periods, overtime, and paychecks
- Understand the several types of employee benefit plans and related legal compliance
- Outline other California laws and regulations governing employers
- Learn the various leave laws such as the FMLA, CFRA, PDL, and ADA, and how they interrelate and “play” together
- Describe insurance requirements applicable to employers
- Understand what actions and relationships can create an employer-employee relationship, and compare those to an independent contractor relationship
- Know how to appropriately document various aspects of the employment relationship, including the hiring process, personnel files, pay stubs, etc.
- Understand the payroll process and requirements
- Know how to spot potential legal issues and pitfalls relating to the employment relationship
Also available: Employment Law Guide for Brokers, Managers & Team Leaders
Content Disclaimer: This course is intended to provide you with general information about employment relationships in California and is not a substitute for specific advice about individual legal, business, or other questions. This course is not intended to, and does not provide legal advice to you, your brokerage or anyone else, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with the course author, instructor or any other person. If you desire legal advice for yourself or on behalf of your broker or office, you are advised to talk to an attorney hired to provide advice on your specific situation.
TO ACCESS YOUR PURCHASED COURSE
After your purchase is complete, you will access your online course by visiting www.onlineed.com. You will have up to ONE (1) year from the date of purchase to access and complete the course.
Refund and Exchange Policy:
For information about our refund and exchange policy, please go here >
We Also Recommend
Paperless Transactions: Going Digital with zipForm® - ONLINE ANYTIME
Risk Management Anytime - ONLINE ANYTIME
The Role of a REALTOR® in Disasters (DPK 1) - ONLINE ANYTIME
Licensee - Certified Transaction Coordinator (CTC) - Course Bundle - ONLINE ANYTIME